!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: Is it true the Queen owns a McDonald's franchise?  (Read 1475 times)

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 55
  • -Receive: 164
  • Helpfulness: 214
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
Is it true the Queen owns a McDonald's franchise?
« on: 29 November, 2019, 01:00:39 PM »
A lot of my friends have very healthy leg-pulling senses of humour so I don't know whether to fall for this one or not - They told me that....

Queen Elizabeth owns a branch of McDonald's, about a three or four hours drive outside London.

I can easily see Liz and Phil tucking in to a Crown of Lamb at Buck House but i can't see them tucking in to a happy meal - so I've resorted to asking you for the definitive answer...

Does the Queen really own a branch of McDonald's?   If so, where is it?
"I live in hope"

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
Re: Is it true the Queen owns a McDonald's franchise?
« Reply #1 on: 29 February, 2020, 04:01:29 PM »
Well, is it?  Does the Queen own a McDonald's franchise?  I have it from a trusted mate that she does, but he can't give me any more than that.

For example, Where is this right royal McDonald's outlet?

Any takers?
"I live in hope"

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
Re: Is it true the Queen owns a McDonald's franchise?
« Reply #2 on: 03 April, 2020, 01:02:40 PM »
Well well well.  One does own a McDonald's!   I found this article (surprisingly) on The New York Post's website when I was spending some good self-isolation time this morning tangoing round the internet...

"Fast food isn’t usually fit for a queen, but this McDonald’s outlet in Oxfordshire, United Kingdom is – because it’s owned by one.

That’s right: in addition to her vast collection of jewels and gold bullion, Queen Elizabeth II also owns her very own McDonald’s.

The restaurant is located in the Banbury Gateway Shopping Park, 60 miles west of London, and boasts a level of fanciness thoroughly befitting its royal owner, according to Business Insider.

Diners can choose between plush leather couches or sleek designer replica chairs, wirelessly charge their phones while they eat and even browse the internet on complimentary tablets while they wait for their meals to be delivered to their tables. Yep, it has table service.

Proper English breakfast

Even the menu is a cut above, featuring British classics including porridge, English Breakfast tea and bacon butties (that’s a bacon sandwich to you and me) alongside the more traditional burgers and fries.

As the British Head of State, Queen Elizabeth’s property holdings are vast – she owns everything from race courses, hotels, historic castles – even an offshore wind farm. Among the more mundane things in her portfolio are thousands of retail properties, including the Banbury shopping precinct. Her holdings are worth an estimated $20 billion and net millions of pounds in rent and profits every year which is all reinvested in the Treasury."

There's quite a bit more on https://nypost.com/2017/11/06/queen-elizabeth-owns-her-own-mcdonalds-and-its-fittingly-regal/

"I live in hope"