!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: This week - Plague outbreak kills two in Madagascar. Is a major Plague...  (Read 41 times)

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 54
  • -Receive: 164
  • Helpfulness: 214
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
This week - Plague outbreak kills two in Madagascar.*

Is a major Plague on its way?

Am I being pessimistic?   I don't think so.  I've been following Plague details for over 40 years ever since I was a student and wrote my thesis on the mid-14th Century Plague (ie The Black Death) and the Dance of Death.

Today I was talking to a friend who said that he too had also read of other Plague cases this week too, this time in China.

The Plague has to start somewhere - And the way people now travel extensively by plane and train seems to me to open up the risk of Plague even more.

Am I being over pessimistic?   What are the odds of a major Plague reaching Europe?   

Is there a cure today which wasn't available in 1347 to 1351 when 1 in 2 in Europe faced catching the Plague - and mortality rates were total? 

Is there really an effective cure now compared to back then when the Plague wiped out 60% of Europe's population at the time? 

*https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-09-plague-outbreak-madagascar.html

And worse is to come says the World Health Organisation...

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-02-plague-outbreak-madagascar-stronger.html
« Last Edit: 28 November, 2019, 02:24:52 PM by P-Kasso2 »
"I live in hope"