!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: Whatever happened to the Pyramid-sized asteroid that was supposed to be  (Read 1546 times)

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 55
  • -Receive: 164
  • Helpfulness: 214
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
Whatever happened to the Pyramid-sized asteroid that was supposed to be hurtling towards Earth (and us!) just four days ago?

A gigantic lump the size of the Great Pyramid (which Nasa has christened with the snappy name of Earth Object 2013 MD8) was supposedly zooming towards us just 4 days ago on 24th July - at least that's what it said in the website that I read.

But in the regular press?  No coverage.  Not a mention.  And on TV?   Nix.

So what happened?

How did a nugget the size of the Great Pyramid of Gizah simply disappear?  Or get lost?  Or get ignored?

Has anyone else heard of this massive non-event? Can I come out of my bunker now?
« Last Edit: 28 July, 2019, 05:32:40 PM by P-Kasso2 »
"I live in hope"

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 55
  • -Receive: 164
  • Helpfulness: 214
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
Shock News!    Phew!  It passed us on Wednesday, February 19th!  That's 3 weeks ago!  Did anyone notice it on TV News?  Or in newspapers?

The British (and indeed the world's) News media didn't seem to care a toss - after the big hullabaloo weeks before the event, it turned out to be a non-event.

I mean, I didn't see a skyscraper-sized asteroid zooming by at 30,000 mph. 

Did you see the it blurring past? 

Did anyone?

Where is the asteroid now?   

Which is the next planet it will terrorise?
"I live in hope"