!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: I just saw on Bored Panda that the letter 'E' comprises 11% of the English la..  (Read 133 times)

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 54
  • -Receive: 164
  • Helpfulness: 214
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
I just read on 'Bored Panda' that the letter 'E' comprises a whopping 11% of the English language!!!

Now then my fellow IA'ers, I know that while the website 'Bored Panda' is a quirky little site to squander away a rainy day on, it can also be more than a little bit slapdash with its use of English grammar and English spelling - let alone its respect for factual truth. 

I do know that the letter 'E' is by far the most common letter in English.  But...a massive 11% of the English language?  Does that seem as far fetched to you as it does to me?

In short, is is true?  Or is it just another bit of sloppy journalism on 'Bored Panda's' part?

Well, what do you think?  Does the letter 'E' comprise 11% of the English language?  Or not? 
"I live in hope"