!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: If a foreigner wanted to take British nationality, what kind of questions  (Read 185 times)

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 54
  • -Receive: 164
  • Helpfulness: 214
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
....what questions will they have to answer when applying for British status? 

Are there any examples of those tests freely available on the net? 

And what are these questions like?   Are they really difficult questions?   Or are they bone-simple Q's that even the thickest non-British alien could easily answer with one eye tied behind their back?

I ask because (as a  born-in-Britain, dyed-in-the-wool Englishman) I just want to see whether I'd pass the test with flying colours - or fail miserably and be deported forthwith.
"I live in hope"

Offline Duffield1

• Founder member and wannabe deity.
  • Administrator
  • Marie Curie
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 61
  • -Receive: 36
  • Helpfulness: 67
  • I ain't nothing but a hound dawg...
There's a whole host of them here:
https://lifeintheuktestweb.co.uk/british-citizenship-test-6/

Sadly, what is missing is questions like:
"If a close relative passes away and you are in a public place do you:
a. let all your emotion out
b. fight back the tears and run to a quiet place
c. respond "I see.  I think I might need a cup of tea." and then internalise any pain and/or grief.

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 54
  • -Receive: 164
  • Helpfulness: 214
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
There's a whole host of them here:
https://lifeintheuktestweb.co.uk/british-citizenship-test-6/

Sadly, what is missing is questions like:
"If a close relative passes away and you are in a public place do you:
a. let all your emotion out
b. fight back the tears and run to a quiet place
c. respond "I see.  I think I might need a cup of tea." and then internalise any pain and/or grief.

Oh crikey, Duff!   I tried answering myself a handful of the batches of questions on that site you gave on how to become a British national.  They aren't easy Qs are they?  Not a bit of it.   I did my level best and I failed miserably.  Failed?  I bombed!  I think I'd better emigrate to Bangladesh.

No wonder one of the unhappy applicants on the site posted this comment..."Tomorrow will my exam in Luton . Pray for me please . I just prictriceing 1-15 exam test . Allah help us inn shaa Allah."

Pray for him?  I wish him all the luck in the world.  I think he's going to need it.
"I live in hope"