!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: How may reservations are there for ‘Red Indians’ still in America?  (Read 156 times)

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 54
  • -Receive: 164
  • Helpfulness: 214
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
Are there still as many 'reservations' as there were?  Or have they gradually been phased out?  I'd love to know.
"I live in hope"

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 54
  • -Receive: 164
  • Helpfulness: 214
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
Are there still as many 'reservations' as there were?  Or have they gradually been phased out?  I'd love to know.

I figure this question of mine must be too difficult for the massed bonces of IA members.  After all, it had lurked unanswered for a couple of months.  So I set out to find the answer myself.  And it wasn't difficult.  In fact it was child's play to answer.

Just a quick google.  First I googled a question of mine that had lain unanswered in a dusty corner of IA for even longer. Then a very short scroll down Wiki's answer.  And there it was in black and white....

So, what did I finf?  How many reservations are there for ‘Red Indians’ still in America?

"Each of the 326 Indian reservations in the United States is associated with a particular Native American nation. Not all of the country's 567 recognized tribes have a reservation—some tribes have more than one reservation, while some share reservations.

And these cover "56,200,000 acres (22,700,000 hectares) or 87,800 sq miles (227,000 square kilometres)"
which as we all know is approximately the size of Idaho.

That answer is a bit surprising with 326 reservations, shared among 567 tribes - It's an interesting Wiki page, and one with more related info than you can shake a Mensa badge at.  I'd say it's well worth a butcher's.
« Last Edit: 14 June, 2019, 10:31:23 AM by P-Kasso2 »
"I live in hope"