!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: Thanks to Brexit, British politicians all seem like idiots. Which world leaders  (Read 370 times)

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 54
  • -Receive: 164
  • Helpfulness: 214
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.

British politicians all seem like idiots. Which world leaders are regarded as the best in the world?
I can only think of dead ones. Which world leaders today would qualify for adding to your list of leaders who really have their hearts in the right place and who know what they are doing?
"I live in hope"

Offline tecspec

• Founder
  • Bachelor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 47
  • -Receive: 26
  • Helpfulness: 39
  • I'm Welsh and proud of it.
    • Soosie Wales
British politicians at the moment are all idiots. They seem to be incapable of making a decision.
I can't think of one world leader that really stands out as being an humanitarian or have their populace at the heart of everything.

One thing I know for sure is that if Maggie was still in charge we wouldn't be in this dire situation. I don't think she'd have even agreed to the referendum in the first place.
She may have been hated by many but she got a lot done. (by the way I'm not a conservative and can only speak from how I remember those days)
;-)

Offline Cosmos

• Masters
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 8
  • Helpfulness: 8
  • Sydney, NSW.
They are few and far between but I'd pick the Japanese PM who the Japanese Foreign Ministry would prefer you call Abe Shinzo .

In Europe I'd pick Mark Rutte of the Netherlands .

In Australasia only Jacinda Ardern stands out .
Bare barbarer barberer rabarbera bra .

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
Interesting answers as always Cosmos and Tecspec.  I must admit that I was a bit surprised (no, totally amazed!) at finding myself agreeing with Tec's election of Maggie Thatcher as the one and only British MP who who would have kept this Brexit issue from uncoiling like a swamp monster...but I can just see her rolling up her sleeves and wading into the EU instead of  thinking of leaving it.

And as for you Cosmos, well you have me at a definite disadvantage. I simply do not know enough about your three candidates...the Japanese PM Abe Shinzo, plus Mark Rutte of the Netherlands and Jacinda Ardern.   

I have of course vaguely heard of them all but know little in any real depth about them (yet) although like the rest of the world I have been massively impressed by Jancinda Ardern's humanity and sincerity of hugs during the recent Christchurch bombing atrocity.

I shall google more on them all. In the meantime, thank you both for both your extremely thought provoking answers. It's good to know there may still be hope for the world, even if it is not to be found anywhere near Westminster!
"I live in hope"

Offline tecspec

• Founder
  • Bachelor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 47
  • -Receive: 26
  • Helpfulness: 39
  • I'm Welsh and proud of it.
    • Soosie Wales
I'd also add Barack Obama to the list. He's a true statesman. There has been no dirt flinging, shady past. He conducted himself well, eloquent, dealt with problems rationally.
Unlike Trump who seems to forget that almost everyone in USA is a foreigner or descended from foreigners! Including him and his wife.
Anyone who can say if teachers carried guns it would stop mass shootings must be a bit twp..(as we say in Wales) All he seems to do is incite hatred among his red neck followers.
;-)

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
I'd also add Barack Obama to the list. He's a true statesman. There has been no dirt flinging, shady past. He conducted himself well, eloquent, dealt with problems rationally.....

Agreed! Barack Obama actually looks and feels exactly like my idea of what a world leader should be. Wonder what he's doing now?
"I live in hope"