!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: Does the quality of local water determine how quickly people go bald?  (Read 64 times)

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 163
  • Helpfulness: 213
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
This I am asking for a friend - because if there is one really valuable legacy my father left me was his genes  for an incredibly healthy head of hair. In fact every barber I have met says that I have a staggeringly thick shock of hair. And they should know.

This question is asked for a rapidly-balding friend of mine who has lived on the South Downs all his sad follically challenged life.

His theory (or feeble excuse) is that "It is all down to the local water".

I, of course, tend to pooh-pooh this idea but, to be on the safe side, is there any likelihood that the quality of local water determines how quickly people go bald?

In fact, does water affect the rate of hair loss at all?
« Last Edit: 02 December, 2018, 09:15:44 AM by P-Kasso2 »
"I live in hope"

Offline moonzero2

• One of the original IQunion
  • Founder
  • Bachelor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 4
  • Helpfulness: 16
  • Military intelligence is an oxymoron
Re: Does the quality of local water determine how quickly people go bald?
« Reply #1 on: 02 December, 2018, 11:02:19 PM »
I have heard of a few reasons given for baldness, but water quality has never been one of them.
as far as I know, it mainly comes down to genetics.

The only scientifically proven cure is apparently to become a eunuch.
Makes the legs cross just thinking about it.
If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving is not for you.