!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: How are the Germans celebrating 100 years since the ending of World War 1?  (Read 149 times)

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 163
  • Helpfulness: 213
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
I think the BBC's coverage and the special from the Albert Hall has been nothing short of magnificent. And the documentaries and the sentiments and stories from relatives of WW1 victims has been heart wrenching.

And then I suddenly thought, hang on, how are the Germans celebrating 100 years since the ending of World War 1?

I can imagine that they might not feel they have quite as much reason to celebrate as much as we the victors do.

So, question time. How are the Germans celebrating 100 years since the ending of World War 1? 
"I live in hope"