!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: Have the candidates for the 2020 Presidential election be chosen yet?  (Read 177 times)

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 162
  • Helpfulness: 212
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.

My reason for asking is that I simply can't wait to see the back of Donald Trump. So, will the 2020 US Presidential election be the same sickening farce as the last election?
Is the any candidate worthy of serious consideration to be the most powerful person in the world? Or are we all doomed?
"I live in hope"

Offline Cosmos

• Masters
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 8
  • Helpfulness: 8
  • Sydney, NSW.
Re: Have the candidates for the 2020 Presidential election be chosen yet?
« Reply #1 on: 18 September, 2018, 10:15:05 PM »
No, they'll be going through their selection process which they call the primaries next year .

If you want an idea of who may be included, Ladbrokes having betting on politics including the US presidential elections . Those with longer odds than 50/1 you can usually ignore .
Bare barbarer barberer rabarbera bra .

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: 19 September, 2018, 07:56:45 PM »
No, they'll be going through their selection process which they call the primaries next year .

If you want an idea of who may be included, Ladbrokes having betting on politics including the US presidential elections . Those with longer odds than 50/1 you can usually ignore .

Thanks Cosmos. So, Ladbrokes are suddenly experts on US politics now as well as on which nag will win the 3.30 at Epsom? Well I never.

But thanks for the tip, Cos. I just googled Ladbrokes and, according to their site, Ladbrokes have El Trumpio top of the list romping home at 6/4 (and that's despite the fact that his ancestors were immigrants!).

Well I never. What has the world done to deserve this?
« Last Edit: 19 September, 2018, 07:59:25 PM by P-Kasso2 »
"I live in hope"

Offline Cosmos

• Masters
  • Thank You
  • Sydney, NSW.
« Reply #3 on: 19 September, 2018, 11:23:01 PM »

Thanks Cosmos. So, Ladbrokes are suddenly experts on US politics now as well as on which nag will win the 3.30 at Epsom? Well I never.

But thanks for the tip, Cos. I just googled Ladbrokes and, according to their site, Ladbrokes have El Trumpio top of the list romping home at 6/4 (and that's despite the fact that his ancestors were immigrants!).

Well I never. What has the world done to deserve this?

I wouldn't say suddenly, P-K , they've been offering bets on Politics for a few years now . Not surprisingly they're usually right ; by that I mean the candidate with the shortest odds usually wins the presidential race . With two years to go you can be sure those odds will change in the meantime .

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: 01 October, 2018, 02:49:48 PM »
[I wouldn't say suddenly, P-K , they've been offering bets on Politics for a few years now . Not surprisingly they're usually right ; by that I mean the candidate with the shortest odds usually wins the presidential race . Wrtest odds usually wins...ith two years to go you can be sure those odds will change in the meantime .

Yeah but...
If Ladbrokes are usually right because the candidate with the lowest odds usually wins...who decides those odds? Erm...the nice gents down at Ladbrokes. Nifty circular scam or what?
"I live in hope"

Offline Cosmos

• Masters
  • Thank You
  • Sydney, NSW.
« Reply #5 on: 01 October, 2018, 10:49:34 PM »
[I wouldn't say suddenly, P-K , they've been offering bets on Politics for a few years now . Not surprisingly they're usually right ; by that I mean the candidate with the shortest odds usually wins the presidential race . Wrtest odds usually wins...ith two years to go you can be sure those odds will change in the meantime .

Yeah but...
If Ladbrokes are usually right because the candidate with the lowest odds usually wins...who decides those odds? Erm...the nice gents down at Ladbrokes. Nifty circular scam or what?

The general idea with betting is to make your bet when the odds are longest . This takes some skill . For example : Michelle Obama has said that she won't be a presidential candidate but she could change her mind between now and 2020 . If you were to bet now the odds would be much better than after the mind change .

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: 09 October, 2018, 07:22:15 PM »

The general idea with betting is to make your bet when the odds are longest . This takes some skill . For example : Michelle Obama has said that she won't be a presidential candidate but she could change her mind between now and 2020 . If you were to bet now the odds would be much better than after the mind change .

Thanks for the tip Cosmos. Have you ever thought of being Intelligent Answers resident tipster? Could be a nice side line.
"I live in hope"