!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: Is it true multiple birth pregnancy babies' have thinner skulls?  (Read 168 times)

Offline Cosmos

• Masters
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 8
  • Helpfulness: 8
  • Sydney, NSW.
I'm asking about babies that are part of a pregnancy that includes more than two babies as I'm told that with twin births there isn't a big difference from a single baby birth . Apparently this remains the case throughout life for triplets etc .
Bare barbarer barberer rabarbera bra .

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 162
  • Helpfulness: 212
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
Re: Is it true multiple birth pregnancy babies' have thinner skulls?
« Reply #1 on: 15 June, 2018, 10:53:53 AM »
I haven't heard of (and I couldn't find) any references to triplets having much thinner skulls than single births, or even twins skulls. Not one single reference - maybe I was looking in the wrong places?

However,  I wonder if the increased chances of triplets being born 'premature' (compared to single births) might simply mean that their skulls would be thinner simply because they haven't had as long in the womb for their skulls to develop fully?

This is only a guess on my part. I'm no doctor so don't trust me.

"I live in hope"