!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: I just heard that....  (Read 838 times)

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 164
  • Helpfulness: 214
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
I just heard that....
« on: 19 March, 2018, 11:24:27 PM »

...there has only ever been only one baby born at the South Pole. 
That started me thinking - and my question is a tad more gruesome...

Has anyone ever been murdered at the South Pole?

If there has, then who was the unfortunate victim?   Whodunit?   And why?
"I live in hope"

Offline Cosmos

• Masters
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 8
  • Helpfulness: 8
  • Sydney, NSW.
Re: I just heard that....
« Reply #1 on: 21 March, 2018, 05:56:13 AM »
The only really surprising thing I've heard about Antarctica was the Russian surgeon there in 1961 who had to remove his own appendix .

https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/leonid-rogozov-appendix-1961/
Bare barbarer barberer rabarbera bra .

Offline siasl

• Founder member who you can't insult as I'm too ignorant.
  • Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 122
  • -Receive: 85
  • Helpfulness: 129
  • Intelligence is soluble in alcohol <hic>
« Reply #2 on: 21 March, 2018, 06:07:21 PM »
There was a New Zealander called Rodney Marks who died of methanol poisoning in 2000, but it was not conclusively proved to be murder and the case is still open due to a lack of cooperation between governments.

http://allthatsinteresting.com/rodney-marks

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 164
  • Helpfulness: 214
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
« Reply #3 on: 27 March, 2018, 03:12:11 PM »
Gd_pst

Aha! The plot thickens!...That link of yours has really got my Shaw Taylor genes working ubertime! 

Rodney Marks being bumped off with Methanol seems super-devious (because you can't see, smell or taste Methanol...and the ice base was staffed by brainy American scientists...and they'd all know everything about the non-smell, non-taste, can't see qualities of Methanol, wouldn't they?) Suspicious! Very suspicious.

And these sneaky Americans refused to comply with the New Zealanders and they still refuse to comply point blank with the New Zealanders, or help the investigation! - That sounds dodgy, very dodgy.

Nope, to me it all suggests that the Yanks found something decidedly, definitely dodgy....and naturally now they want to sweep it conveniently under a passing ice floe, doesn't it?

It's time the World was told what REALLY happened to Rodney Marks! It's time there was at least a petition got up on Facebook!
« Last Edit: 27 March, 2018, 03:16:35 PM by P-Kasso2 »
"I live in hope"