!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: Messages from the nerves travel to the brain - How fast do they travel?  (Read 468 times)

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 162
  • Helpfulness: 212
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.

It seems like nerve messages travel as fast as lightning to the brain. Has anyone ever measured how fast they travel?
"I live in hope"

Offline siasl

• Founder member who you can't insult as I'm too ignorant.
  • Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 122
  • -Receive: 85
  • Helpfulness: 129
  • Intelligence is soluble in alcohol <hic>
Hmm,
I know I've answered this before but the site search function is borked and I just get the message:
"Fatal error: 'continue' not in the 'loop' or 'switch' context in /home/intelli7/public_html/Sources/SearchAPI-Custom.php on line 112"

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
Hmm,
I know I've answered this before but the site search function is borked and I just get the message:
"Fatal error: 'continue' not in the 'loop' or 'switch' context in /home/intelli7/public_html/Sources/SearchAPI-Custom.php on line 112"

Yep, I get that 'Fatal error' message too, and have done for the last 6 months. Duffield has tried his best to get me back in - but with no luck. The fault seems to be irreparable.

Fortunately, Cosmos, our resident brain from down under, gave me a good cheat to hack your way round the fault simply by entering the words intelligentanswers.co.uk germolene in to google but replacing the word germolene with whatever you are searching IA's memory for.

Works a treat. You could maybe try it out on how fast nerve messages travel to the brain?
"I live in hope"

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
Somehow any answers to my question recently got bogged down in how the Search function on IA has an irreparable gremlin. Which it has, but that was not my question.

So can I ask it again? Please? I asked...

It seems like nerve messages travel as fast as lightning to the brain. Has anyone ever measured how fast they travel?

I was thinking how fast (in mph) do messages travel to the brain? Still an interesting question I think.
"I live in hope"