!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: Which food do you find the most irresistible?  (Read 527 times)

Offline Cosmos

• Masters
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 8
  • Helpfulness: 8
  • Sydney, NSW.
Which food do you find the most irresistible?
« on: 02 January, 2018, 06:19:18 AM »
If there's a packet of biscuits which type can you not stop at eating just one?

Which food, if you catch a whiff of, do you most want to find and eat ?

Etc
Bare barbarer barberer rabarbera bra .

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 163
  • Helpfulness: 213
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
Re: Which food do you find the most irresistible?
« Reply #1 on: 02 January, 2018, 07:50:11 PM »
If there's a packet of biscuits which type can you not stop at eating just one?

Which food, if you catch a whiff of, do you most want to find and eat ?

Etc

Biscuits - Got to be Bourbons

Other food - the smell of chips with vinegar...Even from a hundred yards that drives me into encomiums of joy and gluttony.

On a posher foodier note, it's got to be anything with the whiff of Amaretto in, on or under it....Ah, bring in my sister's Tiramisu. Drool. Dribble. Slurp.

"I live in hope"

Offline tecspec

• Founder
  • Bachelor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 46
  • -Receive: 26
  • Helpfulness: 39
  • I'm Welsh and proud of it.
    • Soosie Wales
« Reply #2 on: 08 January, 2018, 05:51:54 PM »
 Abernethy Biscuits.

Fresh baked bread
Bacon being cooked..mmmmm
Roast Lamb and mint sauce.
;-)

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 163
  • Helpfulness: 213
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
« Reply #3 on: 09 January, 2018, 02:09:50 PM »
Potatoes!  Any kind. Cooked any way - but especially Roast Potatoes - fluffy and deliciously crunchy, not burnt or sharp edged. Potatoes are the King of Veg in my opinion. So many ways to cook 'em. All good. All totally irresistible to me. First thing on the plate I tuck into.

Closely followed by Roasted Parsnips.
Sheer heaven! As Shakespeare said 'If food be the music of love, pass me another helping of roast parsnips!'

And, as Tecspec said, freshly baked bread!  Drool! The undoubtedly best years of my life were when I used to live over a baker's in Oslo. I used to wake up in bed on a Saturday morning and the delicious aromas of fresh bread being baked by baker Per Hansen downstairs (who used to bake twenty or thirty different kinds of breads every morning) used to come wafting up through the cracks in the floor boards.

I'd zoom downstairs in my pyjamas, buy a superb fresh baked loaf straight out the oven - run back upstairs, juggling the hot loaf like a red hot potato in my hands - and then slam my flat door and slather good butter on a slice, watch the butter sink erotically into the fresh bread  and scoff the lot. Warm heaven! Sheer bliss. Such memories.

Oh, bejaysus, I could go on for ever about Baker Hansen's hot bread!
And his Napoleon Slices! Wow his Napoleon Slices (Mille Feuille in English) were absolutely to die for. I put on quite a lot of weight while I lived above his bakery.

"I live in hope"