!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: Who decides the Christmas TV Programming?  (Read 975 times)

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 54
  • -Receive: 164
  • Helpfulness: 214
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
Who decides the Christmas TV Programming?
« on: 26 December, 2017, 04:51:45 PM »
I mean...endless creaky old Carry On films, Mary Poppins pap, hours and hours of programming about the royal family eating and drinking themselves happy on various multi-thousand acre estates up and down Britain, festive attempted murders on Coronation Street, more and more old Morecombe & Wise reruns, even "Christmas with Val Doonican" warbling away on BBC4 (ye gods!)...and no Norman Wisdom films!  Nope.  Not one!

This year, someone's obviously decided to break with time-honoured tradition. Not one single Norman Wisdom film!  I give up.

Who decides Christmas TV Programming? And where does he live?

« Last Edit: 26 December, 2017, 05:50:12 PM by P-Kasso2 »
"I live in hope"

Offline Cosmos

• Masters
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 8
  • Helpfulness: 8
  • Sydney, NSW.
Re: Who decides the Christmas TV Programming?
« Reply #1 on: 26 December, 2017, 07:44:55 PM »
I mean...endless creaky old Carry On films, Mary Poppins pap, hours and hours of programming about the royal family eating and drinking themselves happy on various multi-thousand acre estates up and down Britain, festive attempted murders on Coronation Street, more and more old Morecombe & Wise reruns, even "Christmas with Val Doonican" warbling away on BBC4 (ye gods!)...and no Norman Wisdom films!  Nope.  Not one!

This year, someone's obviously decided to break with time-honoured tradition. Not one single Norman Wisdom film!  I give up.

Who decides Christmas TV Programming? And where does he live?

I gave up watching broadcast TV some years ago because of the advertising . There's plenty to choose from on YouTube especially older shows from UK / US including this Norman Wisdom film . https://youtu.be/WFcIP-MSzRc . I prefer DVDs myself .
Bare barbarer barberer rabarbera bra .

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: 27 December, 2017, 01:10:28 AM »
I gave up watching broadcast TV some years ago because of the advertising . There's plenty to choose from on YouTube especially older shows from UK / US including this Norman Wisdom film . https://youtu.be/WFcIP-MSzRc . I prefer DVDs myself .

Now now, with the greatest respect, calm down Cosmos. I am totally with you on detesting TV commercials and I thank you for the tip about Norman Wisdom films on YouTube...but my question wasn't about the bliddy commercials.  My question simply asked...

Who decides Christmas TV Programming? And where does he live? Any ideas anyone?
"I live in hope"

Offline moonzero2

• One of the original IQunion
  • Founder
  • Bachelor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 4
  • Helpfulness: 16
  • Military intelligence is an oxymoron
« Reply #3 on: 28 June, 2018, 07:02:34 PM »
For auntie the controller of programming will have thee final say. but it an all probability will be selected by a committee or focus group.
ITV will likely do something similar.

The result is usually dire anyway BngHd
If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving is not for you.

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: 05 July, 2018, 01:13:13 PM »

So it's all decided by a committee eh? And we all know that a lame dromedary is an Arab stallion designed by a committee of yes men.

"Dire" is the right word for it, Moonzero!  I don't know why I am surprised.
"I live in hope"