!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: Which songwriter has written (or co-written) the most Number 1 songs in Britain?  (Read 566 times)

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 163
  • Helpfulness: 213
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
Not just Which songwriter has written or co-written the most Number 1 songs in Britain? but also...

Which songwriter has written the biggest selling Number 1 song?

Any ideas?

« Last Edit: 02 December, 2017, 10:35:37 PM by P-Kasso2 »
"I live in hope"

Offline tecspec

• Founder
  • Bachelor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 46
  • -Receive: 26
  • Helpfulness: 39
  • I'm Welsh and proud of it.
    • Soosie Wales
Can't find anything definitive.
However Elvis is credited as having the most number 1s but he didn't write all of them.
I'd plump for Paul McCartney as the Beatles are 2nd and he probably had a hand in writing them all (along with Lennon)

Biggest selling number 1 is Elton John when he rewrote Candle in the Wind as a tribute to Diana.
;-)

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 163
  • Helpfulness: 213
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
Can't find anything definitive.
However Elvis is credited as having the most number 1s but he didn't write all of them.
I'd plump for Paul McCartney as the Beatles are 2nd and he probably had a hand in writing them all (along with Lennon)

Biggest selling number 1 is Elton John when he rewrote Candle in the Wind as a tribute to Diana.

I think you're probably dead right, Tec. At least, nothing I can think of challenges Paul McCartney. Thanks for the info Tec.
"I live in hope"