!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: Help! my 'Speaker' icon has vanisshed from the bottom of my laptop screen...  (Read 473 times)

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 163
  • Helpfulness: 213
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.

How do I get it back? It was there at bottom right on the taskbar a couple of days ago...but when I went to turn on my speaker...it'd gone. Vanished. Completely.
I know I haven't deliberately deleted it. Can anyone can tell me how I can get my short cut back? I'll be so grateful.
"I live in hope"

Offline siasl

• Founder member who you can't insult as I'm too ignorant.
  • Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 122
  • -Receive: 85
  • Helpfulness: 129
  • Intelligence is soluble in alcohol <hic>
Next to your icons, just to the left, should be an upwards pointing triangle. Left-click on that and a little box of "hidden" status icons should appear in a little box. One of them might be the speaker icon, but at the bottom of the box should be a link to "customize" the notification area. Open that, scroll to the speaker icon and select "show icon and notifications" from the drop down list. That should pin it into the status notification area.

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 163
  • Helpfulness: 213
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
 Gd_pst Thanks Siasl - All done and dusted - I am still mystified why the speaker did a Lord Lucan though. Strange.
"I live in hope"