!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: A question about banana sandwiches...  (Read 965 times)

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 54
  • -Receive: 164
  • Helpfulness: 214
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
A question about banana sandwiches...
« on: 15 March, 2016, 01:53:11 PM »

Why does a banana taste so much sweeter when you mash it?  I've always loved banana sandwiches. And what has always mystified me is that mashed bananas taste so much sweeter than  sliced banana...without even adding any extra sugar or honey to it. It just does, that's all.

What is it that suddenly makes a banana taste so much sweeter when you simply mash it up and bung it between two wodges of bread?
« Last Edit: 23 November, 2017, 08:59:16 AM by P-Kasso2 »
"I live in hope"

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 54
  • -Receive: 164
  • Helpfulness: 214
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
Re: A question about banana sandwiches...
« Reply #1 on: 23 November, 2017, 09:04:45 AM »
Has anybody got even a vague idea of why a mashed banana sandwich tastes so much sweeter than a sliced banana sandwich?  Why does a banana taste so much sweeter when you mash it?

Am I just imagining it?  Or is there some big chemistry thing going on here when bananas get mashed up?
« Last Edit: 23 November, 2017, 09:06:17 AM by P-Kasso2 »
"I live in hope"