!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: Just had a message from Cosmos - he can't access IA. I said that I'd notify...  (Read 588 times)

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 163
  • Helpfulness: 213
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
I said that I'd notify you guys and ask a moderator if there is any reason why Cosmos cannot open IA. He sent me a message on my Facebook page today asking if IA had been hacked and corrupted.

I told him that I had absolutely no problems accessing IA up here in Britain and haven't heard of any problems.  IA's site works as sweet as ever in my experience.

Have you any idea what Cosmos's problem might be?  Or how he can get round it?

I suggested that he should maybe try googling 'InterestedAnswers' and then accessing IA via the Google page (pretty much as any new guest would do). But maybe you have a better suggestion?

As I mentioned, I promised him I'd relay your comments on to him so I'll just check in here to see if there is any reply from you on this thread and then FB it on to him unless you want to contract him direct at 'Norman Thomas' on Facebook.

Cheers and thanks for any help you can give.

John
"I live in hope"

Offline siasl

• Founder member who you can't insult as I'm too ignorant.
  • Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 122
  • -Receive: 85
  • Helpfulness: 129
  • Intelligence is soluble in alcohol <hic>
The site briefly stumbled last week, but Duff kicked it back to its feet.

Another possibility is the 403 (Forbidden) error I get if I'm not careful, which I think is caused by the browser remembering an expired PHP session ID. This is fixed by browsing directly to the index page, rather than relying on the internal redirect to index.php.

Suggest Cosmos tries typing "http://www.intelligentanswers.co.uk/index.php" (if he isn't already) instead of "http://www.intelligentanswers.co.uk/"

Offline Duffield1

• Founder member and wannabe deity.
  • Administrator
  • Marie Curie
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 61
  • -Receive: 34
  • Helpfulness: 65
  • I ain't nothing but a hound dawg...
In fixing the glitch that kicked the site offline, I appear to have introduced a new one which was blocking people from logging in - a common issue with one of the upgrades, it seems.

However, I am delighted to say that this new problem is now fixed, so hope everyone can log in successfully once again.