!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: What is the most powerful electric shock a human body can survive?  (Read 575 times)

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 163
  • Helpfulness: 213
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
'
This question came up in a grisly conversation I was having with an electrician early this morning while he was installing LED lights in my kitchen. He didn't know the answer either but sucked his teeth and said that he thought that it was "Probably a lot. Depends on the amps more than the volts". Which baffled me. And twigged off this question.

I realise there will be other influencing factors such as wearing a 12-inch thick rubber suit and not standing under the tallest lone tree in a raging storm but - on average, and wearing normal clothes -  what is the most powerful electric shock that a human can survive (or has been known to have survived) without immediately fricasseeing to death?

"I live in hope"