!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: A question about dreams...  (Read 1048 times)

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 163
  • Helpfulness: 213
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
A question about dreams...
« on: 04 March, 2017, 10:11:18 PM »

A friend of mine just said that sleeping on your back produces one kind of dreams. And sleeping face-down produces totally different types of dreams.

This immediately brought at least four questions springing to mind...

1.  What type of dreams do face-up sleepers get? Nightmares? Lucid dreams?  Clairvoyant dreams?

2.  And what different type of face-down dreams does sleeping on your stomach bring?

3.  What is could cause the differences (if any)?

4.  And how about sleeping on your side? That's my favourite position. What type of dreams is that supposed to create?

Unfortunately my slightly ditzy friend didn't have a clue, she just swears it is all absolutely true! Different sleep positions do change the nature of your dreams, so there!

I am hoping someone out there will answer one, some or even all of these questions for me. Any ideas? Any thoughts?

PS If you are habitually a face-up sleeper (or a habitual face-down sleeper) what kinds of dreams would you say you normally have?
"I live in hope"

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
Re: A question about dreams...
« Reply #1 on: 04 April, 2017, 05:58:23 AM »

A friend of mine just said that sleeping on your back produces one kind of dreams. And sleeping face-down produces totally different types of dreams.

This immediately brought at least four questions springing to mind...

1.  What type of dreams do face-up sleepers get? Nightmares? Lucid dreams?  Clairvoyant dreams?

2.  And what different type of face-down dreams does sleeping on your stomach bring?

3.  What is could cause the differences (if any)?

4.  And how about sleeping on your side? That's my favourite position. What type of dreams is that supposed to create?

Unfortunately my slightly ditzy friend didn't have a clue, she just swears it is all absolutely true! Says that different sleep positions do change the nature of your dreams, so there!

I am hoping someone out there will answer all, or even just one of the questions for me. Any ideas? Any thoughts? Or even any wild guesses?

PS If you are habitually a face-up sleeper (or a habitual face-down sleeper) what kinds of dreams would you say you normally have?

Oh gwawn. Someone gizza answer. It's been a month and I still would like to know if I can improve my dreams by sleeping in a different position.

Does the position you sleep in really affect the kind of dreams you have?
"I live in hope"

Offline Hiheels

• Founder member, in the naughty corner for smoking in the café.
  • Founder
  • Chancellor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 123
  • -Receive: 82
  • Helpfulness: 677
  • Yes, yes, very nice. Now put it away.

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: 14 April, 2017, 11:32:49 PM »
Apparently so http://www.everydayhealth.com/sleep/can-changing-your-sleep-position-alter-your-dreams.aspx

All my questions answered in one good weblink! I am a right-side sleeper myself and from your link it seems that "Sleeping laterally is the most common sleep position. Studies have found that right-side sleepers experienced more positive dreams and fewer nightmares than left-side sleepers."

On balance, I'd rather have more positive dreams and fewer nightmares than the erotic dreams that face-down sleepers seem to enjoy. I think.

It is a shame that the website can't give me any physical reasons why sleeping position has the power to change dream content but (as they do say) more research is dream content and sleeping positions is needed.

"I live in hope"

Offline Princess Pops

• Contributor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Helpfulness: 0
« Reply #4 on: 18 April, 2017, 12:53:31 PM »
A lot of my dreams I am starting to link to eating habits as well. After a big meal or a weekend of hectic binge drinking I usually get nightmares and when I have gone to sleep with little or nothing to eat, the most common are food dreams.