!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: What is reasonable if someone parks in your parking space?  (Read 773 times)

Offline Duffield1

• Founder member and wannabe deity.
  • Administrator
  • Marie Curie
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 61
  • -Receive: 34
  • Helpfulness: 65
  • I ain't nothing but a hound dawg...
What is reasonable if someone parks in your parking space?
« on: 24 January, 2017, 12:43:16 PM »
The Daily Mail (sorry) runs two stories on its front page today, written from two different perspectives.  In the first, a pensioner has parked in the bay marked 'doctors only' at his local surgery, and is very upset when the doctor blocked him in for five hours.  A complaint has been made to the General Medical Council.

In the second, an Audi driver parks across two spaces on a private driveway, and is blocked in by the person who has the right to use one of the spaces for two hours.

I've been in a situation where a person has parked at the entrance to our shared driveway and disappeared - neither I nor my neighbour could get our cars out to get to work, but as the car was on private property, the police wouldn't take any action.  In the event, someone (may have been my neighbour or someone else) broke the car's window to release the hand brake and push it out of the way.  When the owner returned, he was mightily irritated.

So, which camp are you in - make it difficult for the offending car's owner by blocking them in until a time of your choosing, or turn the other cheek?

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 163
  • Helpfulness: 213
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
Re: What is reasonable if someone parks in your parking space?
« Reply #1 on: 24 January, 2017, 07:48:32 PM »

I am firmly in the camp of those who have a parking space being the only ones allowed to park there. Of course, that'd mean clearly signposting your parking space as your parking space.

People who inconsiderately block another's legit parking space should be beheaded forthwith.
"I live in hope"