!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: Are frogs legs classsed as a seafood or a meat?  (Read 1339 times)

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 54
  • -Receive: 164
  • Helpfulness: 214
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
Are frogs legs classsed as a seafood or a meat?
« on: 04 November, 2016, 01:48:58 PM »
What do you reckon? Is it a meat? Is it a seafood? Or is it something else entirely? I'll give a free recipe to the best answerer! Like this tasty recipe from the Everglades.

"I live in hope"

Offline jacquesdor

• Founder member.
  • Founder
  • Bachelor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 13
  • Helpfulness: 24
Re: Are frogs legs classsed as a seafood or a meat?
« Reply #1 on: 01 February, 2017, 01:06:21 PM »
I think it is meat, there is nothing fishy about it. In fact, I would say it is banned in my house, ever since I saw live frogs losing their legs in a guillotine. Sickened me to see the poor little blighters struggling to move around.It s obviously the fastest way to prepare them for the table. So horrific.

Offline siasl

• Founder member who you can't insult as I'm too ignorant.
  • Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 122
  • -Receive: 85
  • Helpfulness: 129
  • Intelligence is soluble in alcohol <hic>
« Reply #2 on: 01 February, 2017, 06:01:58 PM »
I would say it's a meat as it's an amphibian, not a fish. Can't see the point in eating it though, IMHO.

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 54
  • -Receive: 164
  • Helpfulness: 214
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
« Reply #3 on: 02 February, 2017, 09:17:37 AM »
I would say it's a meat as it's an amphibian, not a fish. Can't see the point in eating it though, IMHO.

Well, it does taste quite meaty, quite chickeny in fact, rather than anything crabby or lobstery. And I agree with you both about not eating them. I only ate them once years ago in Paris (well, when in Montmartre by night for the very first time, you just have to give the frogs' legs a bash haven't you?).

They tasted OK - but nothing I'd call fantastique - in fact, they tasted far more of the butter and garlic and herby sauce they were cooked in than of anything froggy. (Probably needed all the sauce to disguise the taste of the frogs?)

All I know is that I all had severe gastric problems the next day. And the day after that. Since then I have always preferred my frogs scooting around in ponds.
"I live in hope"