!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: What % of viewings by IAers and guests go to the various boards?  (Read 1323 times)

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 163
  • Helpfulness: 213
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.

I'd like to know particularly the % visits to the 'minor' boards...ie Site Suggestions, Crumpet Café and Debating Lounge.

I have a very strong feeling that the main boards attract virtually 100% of visits while the Site Suggestions, Crumpet Café and Debating Lounge attract virtually zero.

Does anyone have a breakdown of what attracts interest by board by %?

"I live in hope"

Offline Hiheels

• Founder member, in the naughty corner for smoking in the café.
  • Chancellor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 123
  • -Receive: 82
  • Helpfulness: 677
  • Yes, yes, very nice. Now put it away.
Re: What % of viewings by IAers and guests go to the various boards?
« Reply #1 on: 24 October, 2016, 01:12:49 PM »
I'd have to look at the stats later to see if that sort of info is in there - in the meantime though, the Cafe is only visible to registered members, so that won't get many.
The bots and spiders will go through the whole site they're able to access so it may be more evenly spread than at first sight...as I say, I'll try to remember to look later.

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: 08 October, 2017, 10:22:29 AM »
I'd have to look at the stats later to see if that sort of info is in there - in the meantime though, the Cafe is only visible to registered members, so that won't get many.
The bots and spiders will go through the whole site they're able to access so it may be more evenly spread than at first sight...as I say, I'll try to remember to look later.

As we approach the glorious anniversary of this damn fine question I was wondering if anyone would like to take the baton from the sorely missed Heels and have a stab or a guess at giving a rough breakdown of the 'footfalls' of the various boards.

I must admit that it not very pressing for me to get an answer - I'll just sit tight and set my alarm clock for Oct 24th 2018 and pop up with another reminder.
"I live in hope"

Offline Duffield1

• Founder member and wannabe deity.
  • Administrator
  • Marie Curie
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 61
  • -Receive: 34
  • Helpfulness: 65
  • I ain't nothing but a hound dawg...
« Reply #3 on: 11 October, 2017, 03:45:26 PM »
No need - I've taken a peek at the stats!

Each category of question counts as its own 'board', and 'Miscellaneous' is the most popular of all the boards, followed by the Crumpet Café, the science & nature, technology and food & drink.  Debating lounge is ninth on the list.

It is interesting that Lycos iQ was set up to create a repository of information, and that is one of the core aims in setting up IA - and keeping it alive despite dwindling user numbers.  Our top question is:
"What does 79% humidity or 23% really mean in plain English?" which has over a quarter of a million views! 

You can look at more stats (I think) in the info centre at the bottom of the home page - click on http://www.intelligentanswers.co.uk/index.php?action=stats to get to them.

Offline Hiheels

• Chancellor
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: 11 October, 2017, 04:24:56 PM »
Honestly, my memory  roll_eyes

Offline Duffield1

• Administrator
  • Marie Curie
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: 14 October, 2017, 08:24:25 AM »
That's okay, dear, just come back into the dining room to finish your plate of pureed veg.

Offline Hiheels

• Chancellor
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: 14 October, 2017, 08:38:37 PM »
What was that?

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: 15 October, 2017, 12:27:09 PM »
No need - I've taken a peek at the stats!

Each category of question counts as its own 'board', and 'Miscellaneous' is the most popular of all the boards, followed by the Crumpet Café, the science & nature, technology and food & drink.  Debating lounge is ninth on the list.

It is interesting that Lycos iQ was set up to create a repository of information, and that is one of the core aims in setting up IA - and keeping it alive despite dwindling user numbers. Our top question is:
"What does 79% humidity or 23% really mean in plain English?" which has over a quarter of a million views! 

You can look at more stats (I think) in the info centre at the bottom of the home page - click on http://www.intelligentanswers.co.uk/index.php?action=stats to get to them.

Thank you, Duff. Thank you, Heels.  I must admit I am very surprised by those results...mostly surprised by the fact that the Crumpet  Café is the second most clicked upon. I expected Crumpet Café to be way down the list...but that's probably only because for some reason I go to the Questions Boards first and get stuck there. It's almost as if the Crumpet Café is off my radar. Note to self: Must drop in there more often and see what I have been missing.

The other thing that surprises me, really surprises me, is that IA's top question is "What does 79% humidity or 23% really mean in plain English?" One of my old questions! I must say how tickled I ham to have had "over a quarter of a million" hits. I didn't realise I was so popular! Over a quarter of a million hits, eh? I am going to go now and polish my halo.

"I live in hope"

Offline Duffield1

• Administrator
  • Marie Curie
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: 16 October, 2017, 10:42:07 AM »
Cumulatively, the Q&A boards will get lots more hits - it is simply that each subsection gets its own count, so whereas everything is in one place in the café, content is spread across each of the sub-boards in the Q&A section.

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: 16 October, 2017, 11:20:42 AM »
Cumulatively, the Q&A boards will get lots more hits - it is simply that each subsection gets its own count, so whereas everything is in one place in the café, content is spread across each of the sub-boards in the Q&A section.

Yes Duff I can see that the stats could be slightly skewed but...but I reckon the really important thing is that it was one of my old questions that got a quarter of a million hits! Yee-haw! I am still feeling pumped up at the news. Head is swelling nicely.

Imagine, 250,000 hits! Unbelievable! That's the equivalent of every man, woman and child in Blackpool all clicking on my question. Truly humbling. I think I'll try another question soon.
"I live in hope"