!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: Which seven wars were these?  (Read 701 times)

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 54
  • -Receive: 164
  • Helpfulness: 214
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
Which seven wars were these?
« on: 07 June, 2016, 11:11:19 AM »

I was digging into the history of this ancient (by American standards) grist mill in Virginia, USA. Called the Chapman grist mill it was built 1759, and it is claimed that this pre-Revolutionary War grist mill supplied ground corn and flour for soldiers in seven American wars.

My question is Which seven American wars were these?

I've had a flip round the internet and come up with...precisely nothing. Can anybody shed any light on these seven American wars for me?

There's any informative-ish website about the grist mill here... http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/ruins-of-the-chapman-beverley-mill

And there's this short YouTube clip about its stabilisation after some stupid arsonists destroyed its interior in 1998 and weakened its structure.

It's a visually interesting video (if you are into stone walls and steel crossbeams) but the clip has no soundtrack except for a sung bluesy music soundtrack. But no voice-over so it left me none the wiser about these "seven American wars".

Any ideas which seven American wars these were ?

« Last Edit: 07 June, 2016, 11:17:38 AM by P-Kasso2 »
"I live in hope"