!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: Mince pie season has started - is there any way to stop indegestion...  (Read 747 times)

Offline Duffield1

• Founder member and wannabe deity.
  • Administrator
  • Maria Montessori
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 61
  • -Receive: 36
  • Helpfulness: 67
  • I ain't nothing but a hound dawg...
... before it starts?  Should I be incorporating Rennies into the recipe? 

I love my mince pies and mince pie topped with almond sponge, but get indigestion within minutes of eating them.  How can I prevent this?  (Not eating them is not a viable option!)

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 54
  • -Receive: 164
  • Helpfulness: 214
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
Re: Mince pie season has started - is there any way to stop indegestion...
« Reply #1 on: 23 December, 2015, 03:45:06 PM »
Herbs is your answer, Duff!  You can scoff mountains of mince pies with impunity if you use one of the natural herbal preventatives.

Just think...No more bloating! No more gaseous displays upsetting your relatives!

For example, simply glug a nice cuppa Camomile Tea or Caraway Seed Tea with your mince pies because caraway and camomile are renowned digestive aids with a reputation going back a millennium or more.

So too is Cardamom Tea. And if you're really feeling festive, there is always the amazingly effective Chinese answer to bloating and indigestion Four Winds Stomach Tea...a blend of herbs such as Caraway and fennel which team up well in teas  to ease stomach distress caused by gas and bloating.

You can even make your own Four Winds Stomach Tea...just mix equal parts of Caraway seed, Fennel seed, Peppermint Leaf and Camomile flower

Check out this website for loads more info...http://www.anniesremedy.com/chart_remedy_digestion.php    It gives you the low-down on over 40 time-honoured herbal cures for indigestion and yuletide bloating.
"I live in hope"