!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: Republicanism in the UK........  (Read 3384 times)

Offline AaronDieKs

• Contributor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Helpfulness: 0
Republicanism in the UK
« Reply #15 on: 10 September, 2017, 03:38:57 PM »
I think its about time she retired. And then they wrap the whole monarchy thing up for good.

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 163
  • Helpfulness: 213
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
Re: Republicanism in the UK
« Reply #16 on: 10 September, 2017, 05:21:57 PM »
I think its about time she retired. And then they wrap the whole monarchy thing up for good.

Not sure about that, Aaron. Lord knows I am no monarchist but having a figurehead such as our present queen at least allows us to dicker around with various totally useless PMs.

But I agree with you totally about Mrs Maggie May (sorry, Theresa May). I'd have even preferred Giles Brandreth as PM. Anybody in fact - except the liars and self-seekers we seem to be constantly lumbered with.

How about, just for once, we get a PM who actually puts the country before themselves? And who actually will do anything to see this country thrive in the next few years even if that means going against 'party lines' and seeing themselves lose office?

Time for a little truth and honesty to make a refreshing comeback into British politics?
« Last Edit: 10 September, 2017, 05:25:14 PM by P-Kasso2 »
"I live in hope"

Offline siasl

• Founder member who you can't insult as I'm too ignorant.
  • Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 122
  • -Receive: 85
  • Helpfulness: 129
  • Intelligence is soluble in alcohol <hic>
Re: Republicanism in the UK........
« Reply #17 on: 11 September, 2017, 10:52:29 AM »
A PM putting the country first? Unthinkable. Fuhrer May is attempting to grab as much power as possible, so she can ignore parliamentary review - I did like the dissection of the Brexit Act by that QC fella, fingers crossed a few Tories grow a spine and vote it down, as it will remove any last semblance of democratic process from govmt mechanics.

Offline moonzero2

• One of the original IQunion
  • Founder
  • Bachelor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 4
  • Helpfulness: 16
  • Military intelligence is an oxymoron
Re: Republicanism in the UK........
« Reply #18 on: 02 December, 2018, 11:10:04 PM »
Just look at America, and forget the whole thing.
If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving is not for you.