!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: Leafblower Volcano!  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Cosmos

• Masters
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 8
  • Helpfulness: 8
  • Sydney, NSW.
Leafblower Volcano!
« on: 04 May, 2015, 08:10:16 AM »
Don't try this at home!

Sorry - link removed as it contains adult language.  As a rule, if the obscenity filter on the site would remove the word, then you can't posted a video containing that language - Duff

« Last Edit: 04 May, 2015, 06:28:40 PM by Duffield1 »
Bare barbarer barberer rabarbera bra .

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 163
  • Helpfulness: 213
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
Re: Leafblower Volcano!
« Reply #1 on: 04 May, 2015, 11:32:52 AM »
"I live in hope"

Offline Cosmos

• Masters
  • Thank You
  • Sydney, NSW.
« Reply #2 on: 05 May, 2015, 06:10:27 AM »
Is there somewhere I can find the list of words on the obscenity filter or must I continue to pick them up through experience?

Offline Hiheels

• Founder member, in the naughty corner for smoking in the café.
  • Founder
  • Chancellor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 123
  • -Receive: 82
  • Helpfulness: 677
  • Yes, yes, very nice. Now put it away.
« Reply #3 on: 05 May, 2015, 07:26:18 AM »
Unsurprisingly we don't publish a list of banned words on the site, that would cause a circular reference that would blow up every server in creation.
The list is words that are commonly accepted as swear words.

Offline Cosmos

• Masters
  • Thank You
  • Sydney, NSW.
« Reply #4 on: 05 May, 2015, 07:38:13 AM »
Unsurprisingly we don't publish a list of banned words on the site, that would cause a circular reference that would blow up every server in creation.
The list is words that are commonly accepted as swear words.

Is there somewhere online that I could find some reference for these swear words? Some words are used here in Australia without offence. For example the word which I believe caused the removal of my link (I believe the more polite word is poop) is commonly used by all and sundry without offence. Even grandmothers would not be offended by it. Message me a link if you don't want to publish it broadly.

Offline Hiheels

• Founder member, in the naughty corner for smoking in the café.
  • Founder
  • Chancellor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 123
  • -Receive: 82
  • Helpfulness: 677
  • Yes, yes, very nice. Now put it away.
« Reply #5 on: 05 May, 2015, 07:54:31 AM »
I'm sure there will be something online giving English swear words, a quick Google should rustle it up for you.
Swear words and those generally accepted to be what I believe is referred to as "coarse slang" - anything falling into either of those categories.

Offline antonymous

• Perpendicular Galileo Galilei
  • Founder
  • Marie Curie
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 92
  • -Receive: 133
  • Helpfulness: 168
  • "We're all bankers now!"
    • Antonymous2011 Flickr Page
« Reply #6 on: 05 May, 2015, 08:32:35 AM »
[Even grandmothers would not be offended by it. Message me a link if you don't want to publish it broadly.

Try posting the name of the Chairman of the English Football Association -  I dare you!
“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple. Sometimes it'svice versa"

Offline Cosmos

• Masters
  • Thank You
  • Sydney, NSW.
« Reply #7 on: 05 May, 2015, 09:05:44 AM »

Try posting the name of the Chairman of the English Football Association -  I dare you!

I thought you were going to suggest the UK's Shadow Chancellor.

Hopefully one day he will meet the leader of the National Party of Australia!

Offline Duffield1

• Founder member and wannabe deity.
  • Administrator
  • Marie Curie
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 61
  • -Receive: 34
  • Helpfulness: 65
  • I ain't nothing but a hound dawg...
« Reply #8 on: 05 May, 2015, 11:54:40 AM »
Try typing the word in, then hit the 'preview' button.  If it is picked up by the obscenity filter, [oops!] and an alternative word will pop up. 

That's not to say that if it isn't picked up initially that it won't be added - my mind is angelically clean so I had to revert to a potty-mouthed friend to identify some more obscure vulgarities. 

Occasionally, it will correct words like Ant mentioned that can be used inappropriately but sometimes just have absolutely valid and non-offensive uses, too.  Try typing in the name of another very large Q&A site, too.  But my grandma would still think that using some colloquialisms to describe faeces is inappropriate, and certainly not to be done in front of children, so that's the level of appropriateness that we apply.  Call it the 'Vera' test, if you like.  (And if you use bad language, expect her at your front door with a bar of carbolic soap to wash your mouth out.)