!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: Remember Salvador Dali?  (Read 2106 times)

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 54
  • -Receive: 164
  • Helpfulness: 214
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
Remember Salvador Dali?
« on: 26 April, 2015, 11:05:02 AM »

Salvador Dali has fallen well out of favour compared to thirty years ago when
practically everyone and their little brother absolutely revered his paintings.

But he seems to have fallen right out of favour now, almost a joke.

I was wondering...What's happened to the price of his paintings at auction?

Have Dali's prices fallen as far as his popularity...or are his paintings still highly sought after
by wealthy private art collectors and galleries?
« Last Edit: 26 April, 2015, 11:20:53 AM by P-Kasso2 »
"I live in hope"

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
Re: Remember Salvador Dali?
« Reply #1 on: 07 April, 2016, 09:22:51 PM »

Salvador Dali has fallen well out of favour compared to thirty years ago when practically everyone and their little brother absolutely revered his paintings.

But he seems to have fallen right out of favour now, almost a joke.

I was wondering...What's happened to the price of his paintings at auction?

Have Dali's prices fallen as far as his popularity...or are his paintings still highly sought after by wealthy private art collectors and galleries?
"I live in hope"

Offline Cosmos

• Masters
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 8
  • Helpfulness: 8
  • Sydney, NSW.
« Reply #2 on: 07 April, 2016, 11:14:19 PM »
I don't think he's fallen completely out of favour. There's still a Salvador Dalí  museum, it has a page on Facebook.

He appeared on American television. Twice on, "What's My Line", which you can find on YouTube.
Bare barbarer barberer rabarbera bra .

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: 09 April, 2016, 08:50:54 PM »
I don't think he's fallen completely out of favour. There's still a Salvador Dalí  museum, it has a page on Facebook.

He appeared on American television. Twice on, "What's My Line", which you can find on YouTube.

Thanks Cos, any idea how his auction prices have been affected? Up, down, sideways?

PS I'll try to dig up those "What's My Line" clips on YouTube but it'll be a week or so because, clever me, I managed to kick a glass of white wine all over my laptop...and so I'm banished to borrowing friends' laptops here and there and to snatching the odd hour on library machines while my lappie is lingering in rehab. It was a bliddy decent wine too.
"I live in hope"

Offline Cosmos

• Masters
  • Thank You
  • Sydney, NSW.
« Reply #4 on: 09 April, 2016, 11:35:38 PM »
Here's a link to the Salvador Dali Museum in Florida on Facebook https://web.facebook.com/theDaliMuseum/

It's relatively easy to find What's My Line episodes on YouTube : for example wml Shatner will find you the episodes where Bill Shatner appeared. Here's a link to the YouTube account should you want to look through the various playlists. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChPE75Fvvl1HmdAsO7Nzb8w

Offline Cosmos

• Masters
  • Thank You
  • Sydney, NSW.
« Reply #5 on: 09 April, 2016, 11:54:59 PM »
From what I've been able to glean from the internet I'd say prices for Dalí will remain high because the people who buy his works are necessarily of a certain type. His most expensive so far has been over 22 million.