!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: When did IA's right-click word-replacer come in?  (Read 1198 times)

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 54
  • -Receive: 164
  • Helpfulness: 214
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
When did IA's right-click word-replacer come in?
« on: 04 August, 2014, 08:44:38 AM »
Most IA members probably already know all about this...but I've only just discovered it.

It's far better than using an ordinary old slo-mo spellchecker...if a word you've keyed in is underlined in red as being wrongly spelled, just right click on it and three suggested correct alternative suggested words pop up!

One click and, bingo, you've replaced the word...no more fiddly deleting and re-typing (which, with me, used to be a full time job).

When did this helpful gadget appear on IA ?
"I live in hope"

Offline Hiheels

• Founder member, in the naughty corner for smoking in the café.
  • Chancellor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 123
  • -Receive: 82
  • Helpfulness: 677
  • Yes, yes, very nice. Now put it away.
Re: When did IA's right-click word-replacer come in?
« Reply #1 on: 04 August, 2014, 10:01:46 AM »
'Tis a feature of your browser rather than the site...just watch out for those pesky 'mercan spellings.