!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: When a woman has a C-section, does her milk come in in the same way?  (Read 1973 times)

Offline Duffield1

• Founder member and wannabe deity.
  • Administrator
  • Marie Curie
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 61
  • -Receive: 36
  • Helpfulness: 67
  • I ain't nothing but a hound dawg...
Our baby is due to arrive soon - will my wife's colostrom arrive in the same way as it did with a conventional birth, or does there have to be some kind of drug administered to make it happen?

Offline jacquesdor

• Founder member.
  • Founder
  • Bachelor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 13
  • Helpfulness: 24
It will almost certainly come in the usual way.  It may be slower depending on the anaesthetic which affects the whole system. I think an epidural is the anaesthetic most often used these days so that won't have any effect on the system.
As you may remember, the secretions begin to build up before the actual delivery - your wife may be advised to encourage things a little if her midwife feels that necessary.
Generally, it all works the same way however the delivery happens - good luck!

Timdawg

Our eldest was a c-section (following a drawn-out labour), and there was milk a-plenty!

Offline Hiheels

• Founder member, in the naughty corner for smoking in the café.
  • Founder
  • Chancellor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 123
  • -Receive: 82
  • Helpfulness: 677
  • Yes, yes, very nice. Now put it away.
Our eldest was a c-section (following a drawn-out labour), and there was milk a-plenty!

and more than a drop of cider, I'll wager.