!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: How many novels did Oscar Wilde write?  (Read 2721 times)

Offline siasl

• Founder member who you can't insult as I'm too ignorant.
  • Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 122
  • -Receive: 85
  • Helpfulness: 129
  • Intelligence is soluble in alcohol <hic>
How many novels did Oscar Wilde write?
« on: 26 January, 2014, 07:19:46 PM »

imfeduptoo

Re: How many novels did Oscar Wilde write?
« Reply #1 on: 26 January, 2014, 09:07:04 PM »
Although Oscar Wilde wrote many books only one was a novel.

'The Picture of Dorian Gray' is Wilde’s only novel, and was first published in a magazine in 1890. A year later, it was released as a novel.

http://arts-literature.blurtit.com/413701/what-books-did-oscar-wilde-write

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 54
  • -Receive: 164
  • Helpfulness: 214
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
Re: How many novels did Oscar Wilde write?
« Reply #2 on: 26 January, 2014, 11:00:49 PM »
By co-incidence I found a copy of 'The Picture of Dorian Gray' a couple of weeks ago and, as I'd never read it and needed a change from crime novels, I started to read it.

What a boring book!

I think it was the literary style that irked most...styles have changed so much in the century or so that it irritated me...like sitting through a boring long-winded film with no edits.

Thank heavens he only wrote one novel! At least I won't be tempted to read another one...disproving what the great man himself said "The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it... I can resist everything but temptation."

Not in my case.
"I live in hope"