!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: Why is it that you can read something to do with food and it makes you  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Hiheels

• Founder member, in the naughty corner for smoking in the café.
  • Founder
  • Chancellor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 123
  • -Receive: 82
  • Helpfulness: 677
  • Yes, yes, very nice. Now put it away.
think "I could just do with that" and it becomes a sort of 'craving'? Is it that the food contains something your body's lacking at the time so it sends out the signals for it?

What sparked me off was just reading the cous-cous thread and the Duffmeister mentions it's good with sausages...and that was what did it - I just fancy a sausage now.
*ropes off mine-field*

Offline siasl

• Founder member who you can't insult as I'm too ignorant.
  • Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 122
  • -Receive: 85
  • Helpfulness: 129
  • Intelligence is soluble in alcohol <hic>
It's probably all to do with the freaky way the brain works - thinking about particular food items triggers various neurons to sit up and wag their tails

parachutes in, snaffles one of the many sossies, bounces off on tigger tail, deftly avoiding minefield

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 54
  • -Receive: 164
  • Helpfulness: 214
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
-
This has all to do with advanced cranial neurolgy...Brains apparently turn a word trigger into a visual image - and brains work best with visual memories. That is after all how Memory Men do their act.

So mention a sausage and you immediately get a sizzling irresistible image of a sausage...then the brain sends out messages to various bodily organs in 0.0002 nano seconds that start you drooling like a Pavlovian Jack Russell Terrier on heat...pass the frying pan!

Cous cous and sausages sounds like 'extreme munchies' to me  ;D but must try it!
"I live in hope"