!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: A friendly warning for anyone taking the kids to.......  (Read 1526 times)

Offline antonymous

• Perpendicular Galileo Galilei
  • Founder
  • Marie Curie
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 92
  • -Receive: 133
  • Helpfulness: 168
  • "We're all bankers now!"
    • Antonymous2011 Flickr Page
A friendly warning for anyone taking the kids to.......
« on: 14 March, 2012, 07:05:34 AM »
.......Skegness this summer.

Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes or shark attacks. (So, watch your Ass ) lmao
“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple. Sometimes it'svice versa"

Offline Hiheels

• Founder member, in the naughty corner for smoking in the café.
  • Founder
  • Chancellor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 123
  • -Receive: 82
  • Helpfulness: 677
  • Yes, yes, very nice. Now put it away.
Re: A friendly warning for anyone taking the kids to.......
« Reply #1 on: 14 March, 2012, 08:07:33 AM »
How?
(In what way(s) do they kill people I mean, not how do I watch my...)

Offline antonymous

• Perpendicular Galileo Galilei
  • Founder
  • Marie Curie
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 92
  • -Receive: 133
  • Helpfulness: 168
  • "We're all bankers now!"
    • Antonymous2011 Flickr Page
« Reply #2 on: 14 March, 2012, 11:27:04 AM »
How?
(In what way(s) do they kill people I mean, not how do I watch my...)
People choke to death trying to eat them I believe!
(Only joking ;D)

It appears to be an urban myth kicked off by the London Times in 1987 with this:

"The statistics on the safety of flying are immensely comforting, despite recent reports of a near miss between a 474 and a RAF Hercules over Carlisle, and the Boeing 747 captain who apparently had to be reminded to lower his craft's undercarriage before landing at Heathrow. One expert has estimated that more people in the world are kicked to death by donkeys than die in plane crashes."

Statistics for aviation fatalities are readily available whereas there is a complete lack of data on Equus africanus asinus  predation!

Equus africanus asinus is an ass.
“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple. Sometimes it'svice versa"

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 54
  • -Receive: 164
  • Helpfulness: 214
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
« Reply #3 on: 14 March, 2012, 06:55:45 PM »
It appears to be an urban myth kicked off by the London Times in 1987 with this:

"The statistics on the safety of flying are immensely comforting, despite recent reports of a near miss between a 474 and a RAF Hercules over Carlisle, and the Boeing 747 captain who apparently had to be reminded to lower his craft's undercarriage before landing at Heathrow. One expert has estimated that more people in the world are kicked to death by donkeys than die in plane crashes..."

So it's not that the donkeys in Skeggie are so feral and bloodthirsty then...I've met some pretty mean-assed asses around the world whereas yer British ones are all little Lord Fauntleroys in comparison.

Mind you, there were some innocent looking donkeys on Blackheath that looked at my kids with a scary Hannibal Lecter glint in their eye.
"I live in hope"