!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: intelligence questions and answers  (Read 4893 times)

brianna

intelligence questions and answers
« on: 03 January, 2012, 04:15:58 PM »
its for a project so add questions and answers down and that would be helpful!!!!! ;D

Offline Hiheels

• Founder member, in the naughty corner for smoking in the café.
  • Chancellor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 123
  • -Receive: 82
  • Helpfulness: 677
  • Yes, yes, very nice. Now put it away.
Re: intelligence questions and answers
« Reply #1 on: 03 January, 2012, 04:27:32 PM »
I think we're going to need more information to be able to help;
Are you looking for questions? If so feel free to browse the site;
Do you have questions to be answered? If so post them like you have this one.

I'm afraid otherwise we're all a bit in the dark as to what you're after.

Offline Duffield1

• Founder member and wannabe deity.
  • Administrator
  • Marie Curie
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 61
  • -Receive: 34
  • Helpfulness: 65
  • I ain't nothing but a hound dawg...
« Reply #2 on: 03 January, 2012, 04:49:28 PM »
I think that the question itself might be the challenge - do you understand what it means, or do you not have the required brain power.  I think I fall into the latter category...

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • PK unique
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 163
  • Helpfulness: 213
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
« Reply #3 on: 04 January, 2012, 07:55:24 AM »
Briefly I'd say about the "Questions" part of your question Brianna...the answer is more questions...

"What exactly is the definition of intelligence?"

To me, Brianna, Intelligence can just mean knowing where to look for answers...so, like Einstein's pet terrapin, I simply googled your question exactly as you posted it..."intelligence questions and answers".

The quote above and the following three things (1.Does prediction only occur in the neocortex? 2.What exactly is happening when the cortex makes a prediction? 3.Can you explain further how sequences are stored?) I got from just the the second website that Google threw up (out of over 32 million results).

The website (called http://www.onintelligence.org/qa.php) is about the author's book and looks like being quite a serious tome.

Your question though may have been less academically aimed more at IQ tests and their relevance to calculating IQ, in which case Google's very frst hit for your question throws up a site about IQ Tests (http://www.knowledgebase-script.com/demo/article-467.html with questions and answers.

Maybe this was more what you were looking for? Or somewhere in between?

Certainly I think Intelligence partly means simply knowing what questions to ask. Answers mean either looking in your own memory bank or knowing how to plunder other people's brains.

And, with Googles help, it only took me only 0.16 seconds!

If you give us the whole project question in full* then I am sure someone on IA will be just itching to explain what they think.

* Either by modifying this question or posting another.

"I live in hope"

Wumpus

« Reply #4 on: 09 January, 2012, 01:54:26 AM »
No essay on intelligence would be complete without a mention of the Turing Test.

You can google the term for more information, but basically it's a scenario which defines the test of intelligence as whether a human subject can't distinguish whether it is communicating with another human or something else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_test

http://www.term-papers.us/ts/fb/peh193.shtml

There's an additional twist on the theme put forward by Searle in his Chinese Room scenario, but it's probably going a bit too deep for your purposes.