!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: How long does it take for a glass of water to reach the bladder?  (Read 5246 times)

Offline jacquesdor

• Founder member.
  • Founder
  • Student - A Level
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 8
  • Helpfulness: 19
And would it take less time or more time for  fruit juice, tea etc to complete the process?

Offline siasl

• Founder member who you can't insult as I'm too ignorant.
  • Administrator
  • Vice Chancellor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 114
  • -Receive: 65
  • Helpfulness: 110
  • Intelligence is soluble in alcohol <hic>
Re: How long does it take for a glass of water to reach the bladder?
« Reply #1 on: 23 March, 2011, 09:20:32 AM »
I think most liquids take about 10 mins to go through you - depending on your current state of hydration, too, I guess.

Add more calories into the mix and I'm not sure what happens - I suspect the chemical reactions on the way through the gut will still send the water content through quite quickly while leaving behind the "content", but don't really know.

Offline jacquesdor

• Founder member.
  • Founder
  • Student - A Level
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 8
  • Helpfulness: 19
« Reply #2 on: 23 March, 2011, 09:28:37 AM »
Thankyou........ the reason I asked is that I'm sure my morning tea goes through me in less time than it should take to hit my stomach!!

Offline P-Kasso2

• Awaiting inspiration.
  • Founder
  • University Councillor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 106
  • Helpfulness: 157
  • January 2011 prize-quiz winner.
« Reply #3 on: 23 March, 2011, 10:39:41 AM »
A quick guess before I zip out, Siasl...Tea, as opposed to water, contains various diuretic substances which
speed the process and make you want to pee sooner.

Whether juices and coffee contain these diuretic substances too I don't know and sadly (sadly? no way!) I haven't got time to google out the truth because I have a very important date with my very own 'diuretic of choice' namely a pint of Harvey's ale at the Brewer's Arms.

So successful is the diuretic effects of beer that when I drink a pint I always seem to pee a quart.

The same also applies to drinking shorts, wine, port, Grand Marnier, ...anything alcohol based in fact.

Somewhere I remember reading that the alcohol excites your Pituitary Gland, a small acorn sized gland round the
back of your head and one of its jobs is to control your pee output.

It doesn't matter how much liquid booze you drink, it is not the water content but the total alcohol content that causes the Pituitary Gland to go into lavatorial overdrive mode.

When it gets excited it can only react by making you pee more. Much more. And once the flood gates have opened, the alcohol level is still high so you just can't help but join the Greyhound Derby heading for the karzy.

Maybe tea also has this property? Maybe someone else can answer more. Right, I'm off. Cheers!
« Last Edit: 25 March, 2011, 10:32:29 AM by P-Kasso »

Offline antonymous

• Perpendicular Galileo Galilei
  • Founder
  • Galileo
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 67
  • -Receive: 117
  • Helpfulness: 152
  • "We're all bankers now!"
« Reply #4 on: 24 March, 2011, 07:42:38 PM »
A quick guess before I zip out, Siasl...Tea, as opposed to water, contains various diuretic substances which
speed the process and make you want to pee sooner.

Whether juices and coffee contain these diuretic substances too I don't know and sadly (sadly? no way!) I haven't got time to google out
the truth because I have a very important date with my very own 'diuretic of choice' namely a pint of Harvey's ale at the Brewer's Arms.

So successful is the diuretic effects of beer that when I drink a pint I always seem to pee a quart.

The same also applies to drinking shorts, wine, port, Grand Marnier, ...anything alcohol based in fact.

Somewhere I remember reading that the alcohol excites your Pituitary Gland, a small acorn sized gland round the
back of your head and one of its jobs is to control your pee output.

It doesn't matter how much liquid booze you drink, it is not the water content but the total alcohol content that causes the Pituitary Gland
to go into lavatorial overdrive mode.

When it gets excited it can only react by making you pee more. Much more. And once the flood gates have opened, the alcohol level is still high so you just can't help but join the Greyhound Derby heading for the karzy.

Maybe tea also has this property? Maybe someone else can answer more. Right, I'm off. Cheers!
Antonymous makes note in diary "P-K off to the pub at 10.45 on a wednesday morning - purely for diuretic purposes of course!" rolls eyes
« Last Edit: 24 March, 2011, 07:44:23 PM by antonymous »
“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.”