!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: Do we need to teach young females decorum  (Read 2111 times)

Offline macavity

• Founder member.
  • Founder
  • Student - AS Level
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • Helpfulness: 13
    • props fashions
Do we need to teach young females decorum
« on: 17 February, 2010, 05:15:05 PM »
I have just been to a fashion show in London and noticed a few young ladies at different times sitting opposite me wearing a sort skirt with their legs wide open and showing next weeks washing. Admittingly they were wearing heavier denier tights but to me it is most unseemly to be put such a view on display.

I remember a few years ago when it was difficult to know who was male or female a saying came about on how to tell the difference. It was throw something at a persons lap and a male will close his legs to catch it and a female  will open her legs to catch it in her skirt

ToggieRussel

Re: Do we need to teach young females decorum
« Reply #1 on: 17 February, 2010, 05:45:04 PM »
Not only do young ladies need lessons in how to cross their legs in a lady like manner, we also need to remind gentlemen that they can choose NOT to look - but hey it is human nature to look - so long as it is nothing more than a glance and an appreciation of the female form...

Offline Duffield1

• Founder member and wannabe deity.
  • Administrator
  • Marie Curie
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 61
  • -Receive: 36
  • Helpfulness: 67
  • I ain't nothing but a hound dawg...
« Reply #2 on: 17 February, 2010, 05:48:05 PM »
I think we live in an age where underwear is no longer private - men are expected to show a couple of inches of boxer shorts above their low-cut jeans, and women have that horrible cheese-wire effect of thongs poking out over low waistbands - and before anyone tells me that this is not supposed to happen, what other reason could there be for bejewelling where the waistband meets string at the back?

As a result, the flash of a gussett is no longer shocking for many women.

Does this mean that we need to teach decorum?  No.  Let's leave it as it is.  Anyone with class will know the correct way of not flashing your underwear, and those who prefer not to have pants on show can recognise the like-minded that bit more easily.

Offline antonymous

• Perpendicular Galileo Galilei
  • Founder
  • Marie Curie
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 92
  • -Receive: 133
  • Helpfulness: 168
  • "We're all bankers now!"
    • Antonymous2011 Flickr Page
« Reply #3 on: 19 February, 2010, 12:26:02 PM »

I remember a few years ago when it was difficult to know who was male or female a saying came about on how to tell the difference. It was throw something at a persons lap and a male will close his legs to catch it and a female  will open her legs to catch it in her skirt
Vive la difference!! Joy
“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple. Sometimes it'svice versa"

Offline spryte

• Founder
  • Student - A Level
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Helpfulness: 17
  • malicious and delicious
« Reply #4 on: 19 February, 2010, 11:10:56 PM »
personally, if i'm wearing a skirt *that* short, i put on a pair of either frilly or otherwise decorative knickers *over* my tights so that if there's flashing to be had, it at least looks deliberate.
of all the things i've lost, i miss my chocolate the most...