!!

Guests can now post!

Welcome to Intelligent Answers.  As a guest, you are now able to post a question, subject to getting through our spam-bot filters.  However, if you want to answer any questions, you will need to register.  Thanks for visting!  (BTW - guests cannot post links, and if you post spam, we will block your IP and report you to every spam protection site we can find - we work hard to keep this site spam free for the benefit and enjoyment of our members!)

Author Topic: Does anyone know of a way to...  (Read 2787 times)

Offline Hiheels

• Founder member, in the naughty corner for smoking in the café.
  • Chancellor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 123
  • -Receive: 82
  • Helpfulness: 677
  • Yes, yes, very nice. Now put it away.
Does anyone know of a way to...
« on: 11 March, 2009, 03:25:14 PM »
...get our thinker logo to appear as an icon next to the name in a list of bookmarks?
Y'know how when you've got sites favourited/bookmarked, call it what you will, a lot of them have a little icon next to them - Amazon's is the A with a smile under it - like a trademark thingy.
Is there any way of getting our chap to appear there too?

Offline Duffield1

• Founder member and wannabe deity.
  • Administrator
  • Marie Curie
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 61
  • -Receive: 36
  • Helpfulness: 67
  • I ain't nothing but a hound dawg...
Re: Does anyone know of a way to...
« Reply #1 on: 11 March, 2009, 03:57:41 PM »
Yes and no.  Yes, in theory - I've created a 'favicon.ico' file which I can stick up on our server, but you have to drop a line of code into the 'homepage' to make it appear.  Our current homepage is a PHP file, which I can't edit, so I'm not sure how to drop it in.   ???

Offline Duffield1

• Founder member and wannabe deity.
  • Administrator
  • Marie Curie
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 61
  • -Receive: 36
  • Helpfulness: 67
  • I ain't nothing but a hound dawg...
« Reply #2 on: 11 March, 2009, 10:56:21 PM »
 ;D  I think I've done it!  I jujt noticed the icon in the URL bar in Mozilla Firefox.  Didn't notice it earlier in Internet Explorer, but it is here!  Shame it is so squashed, though - now looks like a fat bloke pondering his next cheeseburger, not Rodin's Thinker!

Offline Hiheels

• Founder member, in the naughty corner for smoking in the café.
  • Chancellor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 123
  • -Receive: 82
  • Helpfulness: 677
  • Yes, yes, very nice. Now put it away.
« Reply #3 on: 12 March, 2009, 09:33:46 AM »
;D  I think I've done it!  I jujt noticed the icon in the URL bar in Mozilla Firefox.  Didn't notice it earlier in Internet Explorer, but it is here!  Shame it is so squashed, though - now looks like a fat bloke pondering his next cheeseburger, not Rodin's Thinker!

Wahey! Yep, he's there - he does look a little like he's being fired off the top of the question mark, but bless him!
Nice one, Cyril.